Workers comp is used when you get hurt on the job. It helps pay for your medical care and lost wages that occur as a result of your injury. The system can be confusing and there’s a lot that goes into a successful claim. It isn’t something you should do on your own. Belal Hamideh Law is here to help with answers to many of your questions and can provide you with a Xining workers comp attorney in Los Angeles who can help you through the entire process, start to finish. Here’s what you need to know about workers’ compensation laws in California.
http://platosattache.com/wp/wp-admin/css/colors/blue/red.php Type of System
California uses a no-fault workers comp system, something that has a benefit for both employees and their employers. That means that you won’t have to prove that your employer is at fault for the injury you sustained. You simply have to prove that it was related to your work. However, you cannot sue your employer as a result of the injury. The system also allows for several benefits for employees who are hurt at work.
where to buy Pregabalin online Entitlements in California
Under the workers’ comp system in California, there are some things you are entitled to as an injured employee. Payments are tax-exempt, something that is a little different than other government benefits in the state. Among your entitlements are the following:
- Medical costs – this applies to any medical expenses that are related to your injury. That includes doctor’s visits, surgery, treatment for your injury, medications, and medical aid devices. Transportation to and from medical appointments is also covered. You will be reimbursed a certain amount per mile traveled.
- Temporary disability – if you have to take time off work due to your injury, temporary disability payments are covered. This is usually two-thirds of your wages and you’re eligible for payments for two years after the date of the injury. However, you are entitled to more disability in some cases. That includes contracting an illness on the job, such as hepatitis or HIV. It also covers burns, amputation, eye injuries, lung disease, and pulmonary fibrosis.
- Permanent disability – if you cannot return to work in the same industry, or at all, you are entitled to permanent disability payments. The amount is dependent on the nature of the injury, your age, and your occupation. You will be given a disability rating and are eligible for payments from 4 to 14 years.
- Life pension – when you become severely disabled due to an injury on the job, you can get a weekly payment on top of your disability payments. This lasts for the rest of your life.
- Retraining – when you can’t go back to your old job, this benefit helps pay for training for a new one. You will receive a voucher that covers tuition, books, and other fees, up to $6,000.
- Death benefits – if your injury results in death, your family will be compensated, including for burial costs.
Starting a Claim with a Workers Comp Attorney in Los Angeles
If you’ve been hurt on the job, there are additional benefits you may be able to take advantage of. You can’t navigate the system by yourself, so call Belal Hamideh Law today and we’ll answer your questions and set up a free consultation.